Child Brain Injury Trust
The Child Brain Injury Trust is a charity that was established by a group of health professionals in 1991 to research and provide information regarding the effects of ‘traumatic’ injury on a child’s developing brain. Their vision is to have a future where all children and young people with an acquired brain injury are diagnosed promptly and receive the support they and their families need to reach their full potential and to have the best quality of life possible.
- To reach a wider audience so that families know they are there for them.
- To provide individualised support to enable children and their families to move forward following acquired brain injury.
- To improve the quality of life of those affected by raising awareness of the impact of a brain injury on the whole family and empower those who can help through provision of education and information.
- To provide a powerful, united voice for individuals, families, communities, experts and professionals who know just how devastating childhood acquired brain injury can be.
- To influence policy in health, social care, education and youth justice to improve access to support and the quality of support provided.
- To raise the funds they need to deliver their vision, inspired by the individuals and families at the heart of the organisation.
CBIT in Hand
What does CBIT In Hand do?
CBIT In Hand is the first ever digital health intervention for families affected by Childhood Acquired Brain Injury and has been downloaded by nearly 2,000 people since launching in 2021.
The app gives parents and families access to virtual support for childhood concussion, head injury and acquired brain injury (ABI).
- It reaches more professionals who need advice and support around this subject.
- It provides access to tailored information, at your fingertips, when needed.
- It offers a vast range of resources and signposting to relevant organisations.
- It puts the difficult terminology into a more readable and simpler form, for all to understand.
CBIT in Hand serves as an adaptable information portal providing information at every stage of a family’s journey after sustaining concussion, head injury or an ABI.
How do I access the app?
CBIT in Hand Marketplace
Find us on the in-app Marketplace under IT & Gaming Accessibility!
What is the CBIT In Hand Marketplace?
The CBIT In Hand Marketplace is an easy-to-access hub of useful and appropriate products and services across the whole of the UK.
It is a place where families can turn to, safe in the knowledge that the app is a trusted, respected and credible place for them, with the reassurance that all products or services have been reviewed by the charity.
Within the Marketplace, there are a range of products and services from assistive technology, clothing and home adaptations to therapy services, nursing care and case management; all of which have been approved by the Child Brain Injury Trust.